FEES, CHARGES AND REFUNDS POLICY AND PROCEDURE
To download a copy of this document click here.
FEES, CHARGES AND REFUNDS WITHIN THE VET SECTOR ARE TIGHTLY AND CAREFULLY REGULATED TO ENSURE THAT STUDENTS AND OTHER CONSUMERS ARE PROTECTED.INTRODUCTION
The purpose of the Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy is to ensure that the position of All Global Training with regards to these items of business is clear and that all clients are properly informed of their rights and obligations with regards to fees, charges and refunds.
This policy applies to all fees and charges levied by All Global Training as well as to all refunds issued.
This policy is the responsibility of the Chief Executive Officer of All Global Training.
Administration Fee is an administration fee charged for processing enrolment applications that is non‑refundable except where All Global Training has cancelled a course.
Materials Fee is a charge to cover the cost of manuals, resources or other materials required by the student for a specific course. These items remain the property of the student.
Tuition Fee is the fee for the delivery of the training.
Course Fee is the full fee charged for a course which is inclusive of Enrolment Fee, Tuition Fee and where applicable, Materials Fee.
Course Start / Commencement Date is the course start or commencement date and is the first date of the course in which the student is enrolled as published on the letter of offer and course agreement. In the case of students studying online or via distance learning, the course start or commencement date is the first date that the student accesses the course material online or has signed for reception of the distance learning materials.
|Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015|
|Clauses 4.1(k), 5.2(ei, eiii, f), 5.3, 7.3|
All Global Training will ensure that all clients and staff of All Global Training are made aware of the fees, charges and refunds policy and procedure before accepting a student for enrolment.
In accordance with registration requirements, the Fees, Charges and Refund Policy and Procedure of All Global Training are advised to the client prior to, or at the time of enrolment through the provision of appropriate documentation in either hard copy or electronically. Payment arrangements are aligned to courses and may vary depending upon corporate arrangements.
All Global Training advises of its fees and charges, as well as its Refund Policy in course promotional materials, on the All Global Training website, in the Application Form and in the Student Handbook.
The minimum Course Fee payment period for the course, unless the written invoice indicates otherwise. Minimum fee payments apply only to the maximum pre‑payment allowable under regulation which is $1,500.
Tuition and Administration Fees are non‑transferable to other students or other institutions.
Administration and Material Charges
These fees and charges may include administration charges, enrolment fees, learning resources essential for the course, items that are consumable or transformed by students during the course, photocopying, re‑issuing of receipts, change of enrolment, additional copies or re‑issue of statements of attainment and late marking or assessment re‑sit fees.
Additional charges may also apply including follow‑up charges associated with late or non-payment, overdue fees, dishonoured cheque fees or to employ the services of a debt collection agency where required for non-payment of overdue fees.
Students and clients are advised prior to and at the time of enrolment of any additional material and/or resource charges that may apply, based on their individual program.
Any equipment/property purchased either separately by the student or paid for as part of materials fees becomes the property of the student with the exception of assessment records.
It is a requirement of All Global Training that where tuition fees, administrative charges or other charges are applicable, these must be paid by the specified due dates on the tax invoice and paid in Australian dollars. Payment can generally be made by EFTPOS, direct bank deposit, credit card (a surcharge may apply) bank cheque or personal cheque (funds must be cleared before the date the student commences the course).
All Global Training will apply any statutory cooling off period which applies.
Non-Payment of Fees
If a student/employer fails to pay all fees and charges by the due date the student/employer is deemed to be an All Global Training debtor. Late fee payment may incur a penalty fee of 5% of the total amount payable. Failure to pay the debt within 14 days of the original due date may result in any or all of the following, until the full amount is paid:
- a)Suspension of the student from attending or participating in the course;
- b)Loss of access to the All Global Training’s resources, computer systems or online course;
- c)Loss of access to enrolment record information and academic transcripts;
- d)Inability to graduate; and
- e)Termination of the enrolment.
Fees not paid within 14 days of the original due date will be collected by an appropriate Debt Collector and any additional charges incurred for collection will also be payable by the student. All Global Training reserves the right to suspend or cancel the enrolment of any student whose outstanding fees are not paid.
Administration Fees and Charges
(Applicable to all students)
- National Recognition/Credit Transfer Assessment: Free.
- Photocopying: $0.20 per page.
- Document Re‑issue where the original document has already been provided to the student: $20 per Document
- All late payment of fees will incur a late payment charge of $50.00 for each late payment.
- Payment Plan Surcharge - An additional 5% surcharge is applied where course fee is paid by instalment upon approval.
- Supplementary Assessment/ Reassessment:
- Resource and/or materials fees purchased by All Global Training and consumed or transformed by students during the course. Resource/ materials fees are outlined prior to enrolment and are only refundable if the student cancels the enrolment prior to commencement of training and where the student has not taken possession of the items.
- Any equipment/property purchased either separately by the student or paid for as part of materials fees becomes the property of the student (e.g. text books, tools of trade) from the time of purchase. Amounts paid for items retained by the student are not refundable after the student has received the item.
- RPL Assessment - Fee on Application but will not exceed the cost of the course for fee for service delivery.
- External Appeal Fees - Where the student elects to appeal a decision by All Global Training using All Global Training’s external appeals body and charges are incurred, the student is required to pay 50% of the cost. Where the external appeal findings are in favour of the student, All Global Training will refund the student any fees paid to the external appeal body.
- Document Re‑issue where the original document has already been provided to the student:
- Statement of Attainment Reprint $20
- Wallet card Reprint $20 or
- Miscellaneous Printing $20.
Further Administration Fees and Charges
(Training Programs NOT funded under a Training Contract)
- One free resit is made available, any further reassessment standard fees apply.
- Practical unit fee is subject to the individual assessment requirements as well as any additional consumables that may be required.
- One free resit is made available, any further reassessment standard fees apply.
- Statement of Attainment $20
Requests for refunds must be made in writing and submitted within the timelines specified.
All Global Training cancels the course prior to course commencement
All monies paid to the provider by the participant or employer will be refunded within 10 working days. This applies to all fees paid up-front.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) assessment fee
Fee on application but will not exceed overall fee for service course cost.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) if required by a licensing authority to ensure competency is being maintained
Fee on application.
Re-mark of assessments where a candidate received a ‘Not Yet Competent’
This fee is applied at the discretion of All Global Training and may be waived where the candidate achieves an outcome of ‘Competent’ on the re‑marking of the assessment.
Incidental Charges and Supplementary Assessments
Examples of incidental charges include:
- Re-marking of assessment – standard fees apply.
All Global Training cancels the course before its expected end date
The balance of fees paid for that portion of the course not yet delivered will be refunded within 10 working days, unless State guidelines specify a full‑fee refund.
Document Re-issue where an original with signature is required – e.g. re-issued Statement of Attainment
External Appeal Fees
Where the student elects to appeal a decision by All Global Training using All Global Training’s external appeals body and charges are incurred, the student is required to pay 50% of the cost. Where the external appeal findings are in favour of the student, All Global Training will refund the student any fees paid to the external appeal body.
Free per unit.
1.2 In the event that the student provides written notice of cancellation from a course the refund for the amount of fees paid in advance will be calculated using the Cancellation Date* as follows:
1.2.1 Notification more than 7 days before the commencement date:
- Full refund of all course fees paid. Paid to a designated Bank Account after 10 days from approval.
1.2.2 Notification less than 7 days before the commencement date:
- No refund applies however this can be reviewed due to extenuating circumstances.
1.4 In the unlikely event that All Global Training is unable to deliver the course in full, the applicant will be offered a refund of all unspent pre-paid course fees to date. The refund will be paid within 10 working days of the day on which the course ceased to be provided by All Global Training. Alternatively, enrolment in another suitable course by All Global Training may be offered at no extra cost. The applicant has the right to choose between a refund of unspent pre‑paid course fees or to accept a place in another course. If the applicant chooses a placement in another course the applicant will be required to sign a statement that indicates their acceptance of the placement.
1.5 Any refund due will be processed after 10 days of approval by electronic funds transfer.
* The date the written advice of cancellation is received by All Global Training is considered the Cancellation Date. The Cancellation Date is the date used for the calculation of any refund of monies paid in advance
A guide to refund amounts and conditions is provided in this policy, is published on the All Global Training website and is also made available to students as part of their Application Form.
Application for a refund of tuition fees in accordance with this Policy must be made in writing on the ‘Application for Refund’ form available from All Global Training’s administration department or the website, stating reasons and relevant details and supported by appropriate documentation where appropriate. This must be submitted to All Global Training’s administration department. Payments of any outstanding debts to All Global Training must be made before a refund will be processed. Refund applications will not be processed where the signature on the Application for Refund does not match the Student’s signature on the Course Agreement.
All refunds must be approved by the CEO or their authorised delegate. Exemptions to the refund conditions may occur where the student has extenuating or compassionate grounds as determined by the CEO or delegate.
Approved refunds are paid directly to the student or the person who made the payment. Under no circumstances will a payment be made to a third party without the written consent in English of the student or the person who made the payment. All refunds are made in Australian dollars, paid directly into the nominated bank account. The student or the person who made the payment will be required to sign a Refund Authority form to authorise payment to a third party.
All Global Training will provide the student and/or employer with a statement detailing the outcome of the refund application, calculation and payment of the refund.
Students are referred to All Global Training’s Complaints and Appeals Procedure available from the All Global Training’s administration department or from the All Global Training website if they wish to appeal the implementation of this Policy.
This policy, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the right of the student to take action under Australia’s Consumer Protection Laws. All students and clients have the right to take action under Australia’s Consumer Protection Laws.
- Complaints and Appeals Procedure.